Is your commercial driver’s medical certificate due to expire?
When your current certificate expires, you must be examined by a medical professional listed on the National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners.
At FMA we have certified medical professionals at each of our locations. Call anytime to set up your appointment!
At our Hamilton office:
Laurence Gordon, MD
Hugh Taylor, MD
Karra Cheever, FNP
Debra Schiebel, FNP
At our Manchester office:
Jennifer Akeley, FNP
What you should know before your visit:
- Please arrive fifteen minutes early for your appointment.
- When you make your appointment, please let us know if you require an additional appointment for a physical exam or a regular office visit for other health issues at the same time as your DOT exam.
- Your DOT exam must be paid for at the time of your appointment.
- Please bring the following documentation to your appointment:
- A valid Massachusetts Commercial Motor Vehicle (CMV) driver’s license.
- (If you are not already an FMA patient …) A copy of your last physical exam results (must be less than one year old) and/or office visit notes containing medical history.
- Your current Medical Examination Certificate.
- A Medical Examination Report. Please fill out the top section of the report before your appointment. Our practitioner will fill out the rest of the report. You can download a copy of the report at https://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/sites/fmcsa.dot.gov/files/docs/ MedicalExaminationReportForm_091616_MCSA_5875.pdf
(Note: if this link does not work, go to http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/ and click Drivers. On the next page, under Top Resources, Safety, click Physical Exam Forms. On the next page, click Medical Examination Report for Commercial Driver Fitness Determination. On the next page, download the form by clicking Medical_Examination_Report_for_Commercial_Driver_Fitness_Determination_649-F(6045).pdf. You can then print the form.
Only medical examiners who have completed training and have passed a test on the physical qualification standards of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) are listed on the National Registry.
The National Registry of Certified Medical Examiners is a federal program that establishes requirements for healthcare professionals who perform physical qualification examinations for truck and bus drivers.