Have you had your flu vaccine yet? Please call to schedule your appointment and/or inquire about flu clinic hours.
Prevention is key:
- Get vaccinated. Vaccine is still available at our offices and is your best tool for prevention.
- Wash hands frequently and use hand sanitizers to avoid the spread of germs. I’m sick. Is it the flu?
Symptoms of the flu include sudden onset of fever, cough, muscle aches, fatigue, sore throat, and nasal congestion. Rarely symptoms can include vomiting and diarrhea; however, this is more common in children.
What do I do?
- If treated within first 48 hours of symptom onset, prescription anti viral medicine, such as Tamiflu or Relenza, might shorten the course of the flu
- In most cases people are best staying home and treating symptoms with lots of fluids, rest, humidification/steam, cough medicines, and acetaminophen and/or ibuprofen.
- Patients who are extremely ill, especially those who are very young, very old, and have underlying health conditions like diabetes, cancer, immunosuppression, COPD, and heart disease should be seen in the office.